by Christine Barnes, Sandra Bruce, and Heidi Emmett
We fixed the technical glitches.
Last year’s Artistic Alchemy retreat, our first ever, was a great success! Lunchtime show-and-tell on the lawn was a blast, and we all enjoyed having a quilt shop on the premises so we could supplement our stashes. And the sunsets . . . beautiful! We learned so much from the experience and appreciated your feedback.
This year, we’re excited to announce an extra full day of teaching, plus the following perks:
- Limit of 10 students per workshop.
- An evening lecture/trunk show by each of the teachers.
- Everything will be in Tallac Center, a newer building with better lighting. Tallac has fantastic lake views from the classrooms, sleeping rooms, and dining room.
- Restrooms and dining room in close proximity to the classrooms and sleeping rooms. There’s an elevator to go from the first floor to the second.
- If it rains, you won’t get wet (everything is covered).
- The quilt shop will have longer hours.
- Special diets can be accommodated.
- An on-site massage therapist (one of our personal favorites) will be available for chair massages (several time lengths to choose from).
Check the Registration Form near the top of this page for details. Because of the yearly increase in Zephyr’s rates, an extra day of teaching, and a better workshop venue, the total cost has gone up.
In addition to the three workshops, you’ll have the option to choose Independent Study, where you bring your own projects. You’ll still be part of the group, and enjoy all the activities and giveaways.
More particulars about the workshops are coming in our February 13th post.
We’re looking forward to a fabulous retreat in September, and we hope to see you there!